Credit card processing can be confusing. The process is fairly complex, and there are a lot of players in the course of any given transaction. To understand how it all works, it can help to see it all laid out like this:
- A Customer submits his/her card for payment.
- The Merchant Processor manages the complex routing of the data on behalf of the Merchant through the following steps/entities:
- The M.P. passes the secure transaction information via a secure connection to the Processor.
- The issuing bank/institution approves or declines the transaction based on the customer's available funds and passes the transaction results back to the credit card network. The credit card network relays the transaction results to the Merchant bank's processor. The processor relays the results to the Merchant Processor.
- The M.P. stores the transaction results and sends them for the customer and merchant to see.
- The Merchant delivers goods or sevices to the buyer.
- The issuing bank sends the appropriate funds to the credit card network, which passes the funds to the Merchant's bank.
VeriFone’s powerful, fast VX 805 PIN pad provides everything needed to securely accept payments and other transactions, with the agility to quickly embrace future technological change, including NFC mobile commerce and EMV. The sleek device is easy to hand over, simple to use and exceptionally rugged to stand up to the most demanding retail environments. It also offers the latest security protections – including full compliance with PCI PTS 3.X – plus EMV Level 1 and 2 Type Approval. All this, plus the assurance that comes from VeriFone, the world’s leader in payments.
Stylish, Smart and Simple • Deftly processes all card transactions including PIN-based debit, EMV and value-added applications, such as gift and loyalty cards, plus NFC and other contactless transactions • Sleek, tapered design takes up very little counter space and can be easily handed to the customer • Luminous, sharp, white backlit display provides on-screen prompts that are easily readable under all lighting conditions • Intuitive, ATM-style interface and large keypad put every function at a clerk’s fingertips, reducing training requirements and minimizing errors • Programmable function keys easily accommodate expanded operations and uses Click HERE for the Full Color Brochure
While we can - and do - work with just about any merchant services provider, the majority of our current clients chose to work with Mercury Payment Systems. Their seemless integration with our hardware and software is unparalleled in the industry. Click on the image to see if you qualify for a merchant account with Mercury.
- Accept most payment types and card brands with high-speed approvals and instant transaction viewing.
- Enjoy a highly stable platform with outage protection so you can run transactions whenever you need.
- Rest easy with PCI compliance assistance and breach protection to help safeguard against card data theft.
Sterling Payment Technologies processes payment transactions for all major credit, debit and fleet card networks.
- A complete range of electronic services, including credit, debit, PIN debit, fleet, gift card, rewards and loyalty programs and can also handle electronic benefits transfer (EBT), and check authorization and conversion.
Datacap’s product line is currently integrated into hundreds of PC Based POS Systems in an array of vertical markets, including fine dining, quick service, general retail, parking, grocery, etc. Datacap’s ePay product line enables any Point of Sale System, interfaced to one of Datacap’s “one-to-many” controls, to process integrated electronic payments through every major payment processor.